Wednesday, September 10, 2008

We Don't Like Ike


When will this hurricane season end? Not after one final blow of course. Ike has changed course again and the latest track has it hitting the Galveston/Houston area as a category 3/4. Yes, I am FREAKING out right now. I can handle tornados since I grew up with them, but the anticipation of this storm has me seriously worried. I live alone, and my friends from work will be riding out the storm in the comforts of the hospital taking care of our patients. I am going into this storm with one more tool.... a much needed flashlight that my Grandpa and Grandma Jones sent me. Thanks G-ma and G-Pa!! It came right in time since it arrived yesterday in the mail. I was so tickled to receive it. 

I'm going to try to keep this updated over the next couple of days so that everyone knows how what's happening here. I'll also take some pictures, since this is my first hurricane. However, if we lose power..... no updates from Houston. 

No comments: